Trainvac’s vision of a tailormade IoT system finds applauds from the German Federal Government.
In August 2021, Trainvac GmbH was awarded with an Innovation support funding program from the federal ministry for economic affairs and energy of the German Federal government. The programs aim is the development of a tailormade remote condition-based-monitoring-system (CBM) for data collection and recording for sanitary systems for railway applications.
Thanks to this support Trainvac is not only able to follow one of many groundbreaking, innovative visions and ideas, Trainvac is furthermore able to take a big step in regard of improved customer satisfaction on sustainable rail transport solutions.
The problem today is that most of today’s rail transport fleets are maintained based on time in operation and not on the physical condition of the part, creating unnecessary waste of costs and valuable resources.
Trainvac’s development activities as part of the funding program therefore focus on following areas and goals:
- Simple and cost-effective condition monitoring based on IoT technologies that provide real time data on critical system functionality
- Quick and easy retrofittable on currents fleets and systems
- Automated internet connected dashboards and sensor alerts enabling condition-based maintenance activities
- Data from these devices shall be displayed in a monitoring cloud platform as a turnkey managed service
- Avoidance of system down time
- Respond to emergencies faster
- Reduce the cost of technician intervention
- Optimise cabin availability, efficiency and performance
The innovation support program runs till August 2022.
The Central Innovation Program for SME´s (ZIM – Zentrales Innovationsprogramm Mittelstand) is a nationwide, technology and industry-open funding program. The ZIM is intended to sustainably strengthen the innovative strength and thus the competitiveness of medium-sized companies. It is intended to contribute to economic growth, in particular by developing value-added potential and raising the level of application-oriented knowledge.
Trainvac is on the right track!